Monday, February 2, 2015

Pre-University ESL Youth In and Near Waterloo

Question

One number I'm looking for is the number of second-language Canadians (i.e., English not first language), 17 or 18 years old (i.e., pre-university), within 150 km of Waterloo.

Even better: as above + who haven't completed 4 years of high school in Canada (and therefore have to write a test like TOEFL or IELTS).

Can you help me find those numbers? Or something similar?

I know the NHS has much of this information, but I haven’t seen a way to get everything cross-tabulated at the granularity requested. It might have to be the “something similar” but I wanted to doublecheck. They could be interested in pursuing a custom tab. If that’s a possibility, can you provide contact information?

Answer

Try consulting the NHS profile at the DA level on the DLI’s EFT site.