I’m hoping someone can help me out here. I need help finding up-to-date statistics related to child care in Canada:
- Demographics of those accessing of child care
- Money spent on child care including subsidies
- Businesses that offer child care to employees
Any help at all would be much appreciated!
The following sources have been suggested:
- Employment patterns of families with children: http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/75-006-x/2015001/article/14202-eng.htm
- General Social Survey, Cycle 25: Family, 2011 Public Use Microdata Files (12M0025X): http://www5.statcan.gc.ca/olc-cel/olc.action?objId=12M0025X&ObjType=2&lang=en&limit=0
- The 2011 survey updated most of the information collected in previous surveys, including leaving the family home, conjugal history (marriages, common-law unions, separations and divorces), children (biological, adopted or step), maternity and parental leave, childcare arrangements, intentions to form (or re-form) a union, fertility intentions, custody and financial support agreements and work history.
- Child care in Canada study:http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/89-652-x/89-652-x2014005-eng.htm
- Using the 2011 GSS on Families, this report provides an overview of child care in Canada, examining its overall use, factors influencing use, types of child care arrangements, and cost.
These are available through the DLI.