Wednesday, October 5, 2016

2011 census (was re: Codebook for 2011 census master file?)

Question

Does the above document (Codebook for 2011 census master file) exist anywhere, or a record layout? 


I have a user who needs to be able to link individuals in families, to find the age ranges of oldest child in a household, second oldest, and so on. I assume that something of the sort would be possible from the census master file, but I am, of course, prepared to be wrong. If so, is there any other potential for this kind of information?

Answer

Took some hunting down but we got a copy of the zero count codebooks for the 2011 Census from the RDC program.

Because of file size, I have been unable to send them via email.

I have saved a copy on the EFT, available here :
MAD_PUMF_FMGD_DAM/Root/3901_Census-Pop_Recens-Pop/2011