Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Average market value of mobile homes

Answer

I have a student looking for average market value of mobile homes in a specific city. I have found lots of statistics, which have helped her for her other statistical needs, but nothing specifically for mobile homes. The best I could do was to advise her to go to http://www.realtor.ca, search for listings, and then average the price of the resulting listings. (You can bring up just mobile homes by clicking on the blue More Options button and selecting Mobile Home.)

If anyone knows of anything that I've missed, please let me know!

Question

I had a question about historical housing prices and had to go through the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) stats service:http://creastats.crea.ca/natl/index.htm.

Three quick notes about dealing with CREA:
1. They took a month to reply to my initial email but acted quite quickly once they got back to me.
2. They said the researcher would have to contact them directly to get access to the stats.
3. They said there's often a cost recovery charge but, as a first-time academic user, they wouldn't charge my researcher for his first request.