Monday, April 16, 2018

Canadian university tuition fees for international students

Question:
I'm now doing a project analyzing Canadian university tuition fees for international students, I already got some data from CANSIM Table 477-0023 and 477-0024 while I`m still not able to retrieve data in year 2000 & 2005. Just wondering, if possible, could you please guide me to find those missing data? (To be more specific, I need data for these two years describing weighted average tuition fees for international students, by province, and including undergraduate & graduate levels separately).

Answer 1:
You might want to try the CAUT almanacs:

https://www.caut.ca/latest/publications/almanac

They do have provincial averages for both undergraduate and graduate students, though I haven’t checked all of the years.

Unfortunately, though, the online statistics begin at 2002 (although they may have earlier years in the 2002 edition).

Answer 2:
Table 9 in TLAC includes weighted average tuition fees for full-time undergrad and grad students, domestic and international, from 1972 forward.

Answer from Subject Matter:
There are two templates of products that have weighted average tuition. Each file is $150, or $350 total. I think they should have all the information that the client wants. Please let me know if the client is interested and I will send you the catalogue number and the actual products.