Thursday, March 30, 2017

Correspondence of "Other place names" to CSD

Question
I'm looking for a correspondence file of "Other places names" (as they appear in Census Profiles on the StatCan website) to CSDs. I notice that this information is embedded in the Census Profile results page but I'd lofve to see the underlying data.

For example, I get two results when I look up Acadia Valley, AB in the 2016 Census Profile: one under "Designated places" and the other under "Other place names." The latter result also shows the corresponding CSD. What I'm looking for is the data for that correspondence. Unless I'm mistaken, that's not available in any of the Census geography products.

Answer
Subject matter provided this resource: http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2016/ref/dict/geo033-eng.cfm