Revised data files for the Travel Survey of Residents of Canada (TSRC) 2006, 2007 and 2008 PUMF are now available on the DLI FTP and website. Please replace the previous version of these data files with the revised versions.
- The file tsrc2006dat01-12.zip has been replaced with tsrc2006dat01-12-ver2.zip
- The file tsrc2007dat01-12.zip has been replaced with tsrc2007dat01-12-ver2.zip
- The file tsrc2008dat01-12.zip has been replaced with tsrc2008dat01-12-ver2.zip
The author division provided the following information regarding the revisions:
* "The TSRC data has been revised for years 2006, 2007 and 2008. Here is what was adjusted:
* 1. Allocation of private and commercial cottages for years 2006 and 2007
* Data users questioned a substantial increase of private cottages/lodges roofing combined with a decrease of similar magnitude of the commercial cottage/lodge roofing between years 2006/2007 and 2008. We have investigated the issue and found a programming error that derailed the proper allocation of the data to the right accommodation derived variable.
* 2. Reallocation of expenditures for food and beverages for all years
* In the audit report, it was found that one record did not have its food and beverages expenditures (bought in restaurant/store) reallocated correctly. We have investigated this and found that indeed, there was a problem when there were trips with no nights spent in the main destination, no food and restaurant expenditures were allocated to the destination visit record. All of the food bought in stores and restaurant expenditures were being allocated to the other visit records."
/DissFTP/dli/DLI Coll._Other prod/Travel Survey of Residents of Canada - tsrc/2006/data
/DissFTP/dli/DLI Coll._Other prod/Travel Survey of Residents of Canada - tsrc/2007/data
/DissFTP/dli/DLI Coll._Other prod/Travel Survey of Residents of Canada - tsrc/2008/data