Wednesday, December 17, 2014

DLI Access

Question

I don't use my DLI links often, but up until now I have accessed things through the website < http://www.statcan.gc.ca/dli-ild/products-eng.htm> and/or through ftp <stcftp.statcan.ca>.

Yet now I cannot access either. When I go to the website and click on the "DLI" link it just goes back to the same product page. And if I try to use an ftp client with my old password it also doesn't work I get a connection time out could not connect to server error. Has the way we access DLI changed? Or have the passwords changed?

Answer

I apologize for the inconvenience with the website, we are having an issue with a redirect. It should be corrected soon which will link to the appropriate application to access the data.

The DLI Collection is hosted on the EFT, for more information see the DLI Survival Guide: Accessing and Citing DLI Data <http://www.statcan.gc.ca/eng/dli/guide/toc/3000273>

This transition happened in 2013. A user account information would have been provided to you. I will follow up off list to confirm your access credentials.