The DLI is pleased to announce that version 22.3 of the Social Policy Simulation Database and Model (SPSD/M) is now available. For an overview of the SPSD/M Database and Model product, see here.
This is a model update – the database remains unchanged and remains based on the 2010 survey data from the Survey of Labour and Income Dynamics (SLID). As part of your license agreement for version 22.0, you are entitled to this model update. Depending on how you received version 22.0 of the SPSD/M, you will either be sent a CD-ROM or an email indicating how to download the file through the Electronic File Transfer facility.
This update includes the following:
• New parameters for the Working Income Tax Benefit (WITB) have been included. As these parameters have provincial dimensions, the parameters for Quebec, Alberta, and British Columbia are no longer necessary.
• The Quebec Health Contribution is eliminated as of January 1, 2017.
• The Canada Child Benefit is indexed as of July 1, 2020.
• The calculation of the amount of the Canada Child Benefit when the calendar year flag is on (FCBENCAL) has been corrected.
• A new parameter has been included for the non-refundable tax credit rate for tuition fees in the calculation of provincial taxes.
Please inform the DLI team if there are any issues.