Wednesday, April 22, 2015

PCCF+

Question

Please forgive my confusion, but where on the EFT site do I find the latest PCCF+? Rooting around, I can't find anything labelled as such, but I must be missing something. I would be grateful for any enlightenment you can offer.

Answer

When you first connect, you should see options for what EFT folder to connect to - MAD_DLI, MAD_DLI_CIHI, MAD_DLI_Nesstar, and MAD_DLI_PCCF - you want to go into the last of those options. If you are set up to move directly into one of the folders (e.g., MAD_DLI, you will have to change directories to go up to MAD_DLI_PCCF.

We are, however, waiting for the 2015 April release of the Postal CodeOM Conversion File (PCCF) and Postal CodesOM by Federal Ridings File (PCFRF) from Geography Division. These files reflect postal codeOM data from the Canada Post Corporation up to and including November 2014. Once we receive these files from subject matter and place them on the EFT, will notify the community right away.