The main theme for CARTO 2012 is:
A Journey Through a Changing Landscape
We live and work in a dynamic environment that forces us to adapt rapidly and plan strategically for the future. How can our past help us prepare for the future? What projects and collaborations have helped us stay relevant? How can we communicate our value to the academic community and society at large?
Date: Tuesday, June 12 to Friday, June 15, 2012
Hosted by: Ryerson University
Papers and posters based on original research on any of the topics listed below are welcome. All presenters must submit an abstract electronically (in either English or French) of 250 words or less. Send your proposals to: firstname.lastname@example.org by March 2nd, 2012.
Suggested topics include:
- Map and GIS librarianship within academic librarianship
- Historical maps and GIS
- Partnerships, collaborations and networking
- Professional development and continuing education
- Archiving, preservation and digitization
- Spatial information literacy and instruction
- Metadata and cataloguing
- Acquisition of digital and paper material
- Open source and open data
- Emerging technologies
- Teaching and learning innovations
- The current state of our paper map and digital collections
- Web mapping and cartographic tools
Individuals wishing to organize special sessions on a topic with invited speakers, joint sessions, or specific workshops should contact the Program Committee: email@example.com.
Authors are responsible for spelling, grammar, and typographical errors. The time for each oral presentation will be approximately 20 minutes, which includes discussion and questions.
For any questions, suggestions or comments please contact Dana Craig (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Janina Mueller (email@example.com).
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.