Monday, July 28, 2014

PUMF Access to Foreign-Based Researchers


I have received a request from a foreign-based researcher to access PUMF. I wanted to know if Stat Can has developed any arrangement for foreign-based researchers to access PUMFs. If there’s such an arrangement, could you please direct me to the web page or other source of information on the application process.


They can contact Statistics Canada to acquire a PUMF. If you know the exact PUMF they are looking for, we can direct them to the appropriate PUMF page where there is an order form. If they are interested in accessing multiple PUMFs, there is the Public Use Microdata File (PUMF) Collection program: <>

Alternatively, they can contact Advisory services: < /refcentre-centreref/index-eng?MM>