Statistics Canada is pleased to announce the release of the Health Profile, June 2010 Internet application.
Health Statistics Division and the Census Internet Development team have updated the online product Health Profile, June 2010 (which was initially released in June of 2009) with the latest health data available, including the addition of the following indicators:
• Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease;
• Injuries within the past 12 months causing limitation of normal activities;
• Injuries in the past 12 months, sought medical attention;
• Hospitalized stroke event rate;
• Hospitalized acute myocardial infarction event rate;
• Injury hospitalization;
• Bike helmet use;
• Functional health;
• Life satisfaction.
As well, changes and enhancements have been made to the presentation of the updated Internet application, which includes the removal of the left-hand side bar from the data presentation page. The functionality that was stored within the left-hand side bar has been moved into 'tabs', which are located at the top of the data table, thus maximizing the presentation view.
Other changes/enhancements include:
• Re-ordering the results that are presented following the selection of a Province/Territory or Peer Group from the product main page. The results are now presented at the top of the page instead of at the bottom;
• A new 'Previous issues' link has been added within the left-hand side bar on the main page to provide the comprehensive download file for previous vintage versions of the Health Profile data (i.e., June 2009).
This Internet application features updated health region level data from a number of sources. The application is designed to give quick access to the latest health-related data available for a selected health region, provides the corresponding provincial data by default, and users can easily select any region of choice for comparison.
There are different ways to access the Health Profile, June 2010 (Internet Application) from the Statistics Canada home page. Users can either click on the Health in Canada module or click on the 'Census' button in the right-hand navigation bar and enter through the 'Features' or 'Spotlight' section.